MEd(Hons), PGDip Sch. Mngt, BSocSc, BEd, DipTch.
Mark has an impressive and successful educational background, coming from ten years as Principal of Cashmere High School in Christchurch, Deputy Principal at Hamilton Boys' High School, Head of Faculty and Boarding at St Peter's School in Cambridge, Head of Dept. at St Paul's Collegiate (Hamilton) and earlier teaching at Hamilton Girls' High and Matamata College.
Mark was the recipient of the Woolf Fisher Fellowship in 2018, which enabled him to visit leading schools in Europe and North America and attend a leadership course at Harvard University. He was elected to and served three years on the executive of the Secondary Principals Association of New Zealand; had a range of coaching and management roles; and was a finalist in NZIM Young Executive of the Year Award.
Jayne de la Haye
BSC (HONS), PGCE, MSC
Junior School Principal
Jayne is a dynamic professional with a proven track record of leadership in top tier schools worldwide. She has excellent interpersonal skills and a renowned ability to build strong relationships with all members of the community from diverse cultures and backgrounds. She has a clear vision of what students need in order to be successful in an increasingly globalised and technological world.
Jayne's most recent role was as IB PYP Co-ordinator at Takapuna Normal Intermediate School. She also held a senior leadership role working across the Westlake Community of Schools (COL).
MEd (Hons), BSc (Hons), PGDipEDLEAD, PGCE
Middle School Principal
Dave began at Kristin in 2016 as Middle School Principal and is an experienced and innovative educator, passionate about the learning and well-being of young people. He has a proven track record of providing leadership and excellence in teaching and learning, pastoral care, boarding, service learning and co-curricular activities within a variety of independent schools in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Dave uses a strengths-based approach when working with students and staff alike, focusing on what is right with them, acknowledging their abilities and taking an interest in their aspirations.
Bsc (Hons), PGCE MIBiol CBiol
Senior School Principal
David joined Kristin in January 2016 as Senior School Principal. His passions lie in the importance of strong positive relationships, international curriculum development and helping students build resilience. David originates from "The Marches", an area on the Welsh borders and has taught in both the UK state and independent sectors, holding leadership roles at Malvern College, a leading coeducational boarding school. He and his family moved to Dunedin in 2007, where he was Deputy Principal and IB DP Coordinator at John McGlashan College.
David is always looking to develop opportunities for students to explore their limits and push themselves, learning from both the successes and also from when things don't quite work out as expected.
Board of governance
Kristin School is owned by a charitable trust which is managed by six Trustees, none of whom can be current parents or staff. The Trustees are then joined by four others (three current parents and one past student) to form the Kristin School Board of Governors.
- Has had three children attend Kristin
- Board Chair since 2019
- Board member since August 2018
- Graduated from University of Auckland with a Masters of Business Administration
- Currently Chief Executive of the Manukau Institute of Technology, he is passionate about education and life-long learning.
- Prior to his current role he has held senior executive positions at the Tertiary Education Commission, The Star Alliance and Air New Zealand
- A Kristin alumni having graduated in 2000 as Head Girl
- Has commercial and legal experience including with ANZ Bank and Air New Zealand. Now working as a commercial and operations consultant with tech startups and impact enterprises.
- Holds a Master of Laws (Hons), a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce
- Is fluent in Mandarin
- Two children attended Kristin
- Board Chair 2010-2019
- Board member since 2005
- Graduated from Canterbury University with a LLB (Hons) in 1981
- Philippa has practised as a lawyer since 1982 and is Partner in the Auckland law firm of Fee Langstone, a boutique specialist firm, with a long-standing commitment to representing insurers, brokers and their customers to achieve the best possible results
- Two children attended Kristin
- Board member since 2014
- Master of Arts (Hons) from The University of Auckland; Diploma of Teaching from Auckland Secondary Teachers' College
- Taught at secondary level for 12 years both in New Zealand and internationally
- Executive Director of Sheffield Ltd since 1991, serving as Managing Director 1999-2004
- Member of Advisory Board, The University of Auckland's NZ Governance Centre. Former director, NZ Institute of Management (Northern). Fellow NZ Institute of Management (FNZIM)
- Has a range of experience in human resources practice including senior executive recruitment, governance, executive assessment, organisational development and career management
- Three children attended Kristin
- Comes from a career in advertising and marketing and has held a number of senior management roles with PolyGram (M.D), Puma (GM), Walkers Advertising (M.D) AND Ebus (CMO)
- Prior to being a board member Ian played a leading role in the development of several key Kristin projects including the Canon Cloud Suite
- Of real interest is the development of the Kristin brand and providing increased ROI for all interested parties
- Ian also has a real passion for Kristin sport
- A Kristin alumni having graduated in 2000 as Deputy Head Girl and recipient of the Achievement Trophy
- Currently the Chief Commercial Officer at Vend
- Extensive experience in strategy and operations across industries and regions
- Holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Has two daughters who attend Kristin
- Currently Head of Global Sales, Tru-Test Ltd
- A current board member of Hockey New Zealand
- Worked for the adidas Group for 13 years both in New Zealand and Internationally in senior sales and marketing roles
- Was on the board of UWCSEA in Singapore - a leading International School
- Married to Karen Morgans
- Four children attended Kristin from Year 0 - two Alumni and two current students
- Comes from a career in paediatric nursing including Clinical Manager in Emergency Care, Paediatric Home Care, Lecturer AUT, Paediatric Nurse Advisor MOH review of Paediatric Specialty Services.
- KFF Chair 2015-18
- Highly committed to community development and environmental health
- Has two children that attend Kristin
- Board Member since August 2018
- Currently General Manager Transformation at IAG New Zealand
- Has 20 years' experience in financial services leadership roles both Internationally and in New Zealand
- Has two sons attending Kristin school
- Board member since August 2018
- Currently Executive General Manager at IAG
- Career has covered many roles within the technology sector and recently in General Manager roles with Genesis Energy and Air New Zealand and Chief Digital Officer for Southern Cross Health Society
- Holds qualifications in Electronic Engineering from DeMontfort University, Leicester, UK
- Has one daughter attending Kristin School
- Paul is a professional investor and company director with more than 30 years international experience in finance and strategy, including governance roles at Mediaworks, Auckland Transport, Callaghan Innovation and Young Enterprise Trust, and senior executive experience at Lion Nathan and McKinsey & Co.
- Paul holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Auckland and an MBA (honours) from Harvard Business School.