Dove Scholarships reflect Kristin’s commitment to the legacy of our founding families and are one way we live out our values of Progress with Vision, Integrity and Love. The purpose of the scholarships is to provide a Kristin education to students who would otherwise be unable to attend.
“Being with like-minded students has stimulated my learning and helped keep me focused. I have enjoyed the enhanced and diverse learning opportunities such as IB, the extracurricular activities, the sport and the volunteer opportunities”. – Scholarship recipient
Applications are invited from new students in Year 9 – 13 seeking admission in 2024, who meet the following criteria:
- Aspirational hopes for themselves
- Personal values and character that align with Kristin's values
- Personal capabilities or talents that Kristin would help enhance, for example; leadership, academic, sports, performing arts, among others
- Potential to add vibrancy and/or diversity to our school community.
A limited number of full scholarships and (largely) partial scholarships are offered each year to provide financial assistance for students to attend Kristin. The value of the scholarship offered to recipients is decided following private consultation between families and the Executive Principal.
To apply, please review the Terms and Conditions (below) and download, complete the application form (below). Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview, this would likely include a conversation with the Executive Principal about the Family’s financial situation to establish that the scholarship is required to enable them to attend.
Applications for 2024 close on 31 March 2023.
When the Scholarship period is completed, past Scholarship recipients may be approached to share their story about how their Kristin Scholarship positively benefited their life journey. Positive testimonials are valuable in the promotion of Kristin’s Dove Scholarship programme. However, the school will work with the individual if confidentiality is preferred.
Dove Scholarship applications close March annually for admission the following year.
If you have any questions regarding Dove Scholarships at Kristin please contact Gabrielle McClelland, Admissions Manager or phone 09 415 9566 extn 2324
- Scholarships are only open to NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Scholarships are only available to new students entering Kristin at Year 9 – 13.
- Dove Scholarships are needs based, available to students who for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to attend Kristin.
- Scholarship families invited to interview may be required to provide information on their financial circumstances. This could include the completion of a ‘Disclosure of Financial Position’.
- Shortlisted applicants and parents may be required to attend a personal interview with the Executive Principal.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who show exceptional all-round ability, increase diversity in the student population and actively participate in their culture.
- There is an annual review of the performance of the Scholarship holder against attitude and commitment criteria and the Scholarship may be withdrawn where a recipient’s attitude and/or performance is unsatisfactory, or the scholarship criteria is no longer being met.
- The decision of the Executive Principal is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that there are no Scholarship applicants who meet the candidate criteria, Kristin reserves the right not to award any scholarships that year.
Many thanks to our corporate sponsors for their support of our Dove Scholarships, in assisting to help enable young people to have the opportunity to attend Kristin School.