Przejdź do komentarzy

Zagnieżdżone portlety

Zagnieżdżone portlety

Studying Overseas

Studying in Australia

How do I gain entry to university in Australia?

Following Year 13 external examinations, results for students seeking entry to Australian universities are aggregated and converted to a percentile scale called the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR). This information is then provided to Australian Tertiary Admissions Centres and allows New Zealand students to be treated equitably with Australian students for tertiary entry and selection purposes.

If you apply for admission to study at a university in Australia, NZQA and the IBO will release your secondary school qualification results directly to your selected Australian universities or tertiary institutions.

How do I apply to study at a university in Australia?

If you are a New Zealand citizen then you must apply to the relevant Tertiary Admissions Centre or university:

Victoria Tertiary Admission Centre

Universities Admission Centre (for NSW & ACT)

Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre

Completion of NCEA Level 3 or the IB Diploma is the equivalent of completing the standard Australian Year 12 programme and normally satisfies the pre-requisite for application. Please check the application requirements of your selected universities carefully, particularly the requirements for completing an English course at an appropriate level. Some Australian universities require equivalent final secondary year study in English.

Studying in the United States

How do I go about planning my college future?

Applying to a US college is a big job, but you can make it easier by breaking it down into a series of small steps. Fortunately, the US College Board has a useful tool called BigFuture to make college planning easy.

How do I find out more about the SAT and SAT Subject Tests?

The SAT and SAT Subject Tests are a suite of tools designed to assess your academic readiness for college. These exams provide a path to opportunities, financial support and scholarships, in a way that's fair to all students. The SAT and SAT Subject Tests keep pace with what colleges are looking for today, measuring the skills required for success in the 21st century. To find out more about the SAT and SAT Subject tests or to register to take the test at Kristin School, go to SAT and SAT Subject Tests.

How do I apply to go to a US college?

The Common Application for college admission is a free online undergraduate application used by over 450 colleges and universities. For a comprehensive guide to navigating and surviving the college admissions process, as well as a comprehensive list of all necessary administrative and financial materials, please refer to the Complete Guide to College Admissions.

How do I go about securing a sports scholarship to a US college?

Kristin Senior School has a close working relationship with a local organisation called Play Atlantic. Play Atlantic provides a competitive edge to students wishing to fulfil their dream of going to university in the USA. To access what Play Atlantic have on offer, you need to register your profile.

Studying in the UK

How do I apply to study at a university in the UK?

UCAS can help you find universities and colleges, research courses, complete an application and check the progress of your completed application. They provide advice from subjects and qualifications through to funding your studies and being prepared for any challenges that may arise.

How do I apply for a student visa to study in the UK?

The best place to start the application process is to visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).

Senior School News 
Sports Update
Monday 25th November
Congratulations again to Lachlan Wallace year 10 who scored his second century in a row. A superb 101 off 66 balls helping lead the Colts to a semi-final victory over Kings College....
Czytaj więcej o Sports Update >
College Sport: Young Sports Person of the Year Awards
Wednesday 20th November
Congratulations to year 11 student Harrison Messenger who won the snowsports category at the annual College Sports awards. First, run in 1991 the awards recognise the top Auckland...
Czytaj więcej o College Sport: Young Sports Person of the Year Awards >

Zagnieżdżone portlety