Digital Learning Programme
Kristin is renowned for integrating innovation and technology in teaching across all year levels. A key component in our digital programmes is the ability to incorporate the latest advances in technology into the classroom and apply this to each student's individual learning requirements.
On our BYO Device programme, all students in the Senior School are able to bring one or more devices to be connected to the Kristin wireless network.
Purchase and Manage Your Own Device
The use of smartphones, tablets, netbooks or laptops is permitted for all Senior School students. Uniquely, all device types are seamlessly supported including Android, Blackberry, Apple IOS and mainstream Windows operating systems. Student preference should take into account the subjects for which they are enrolled and the likelihood of required software and storage to accommodate these subjects. Prior to purchase, students and their parents should review the minimum technical specifications and be sure you understand the processes surrounding warranty, replacement and repair through your retailer. For example, repairs to Apple devices through non-Apple Authorised repair services will invalidate the Apple warranty.
Developing our students' ability to manage themselves safely and appropriately online is a key component of the digital learning programme, with digital citizenship being taught across all year levels of the school.
Below is a summary of the school-wide digital learning programme. More information about the programme and device specifications can be found under Information Services.
• Kindergarten-Year 4 – iPad Classroom Pods (the ratio is 3:1 students to devices)
• Year 4 – Optional BYO Tablet
• Year 5 and 6 – BYO-Tablet Programme
• Year 7 – BYO-Tablet Programme (1 year trial)
• Year 8* – Fully Provisioned Windows Laptop Programme (Lease-to-return agreement)
• Year 9 and 10 – BYO-Laptop Programme
• Year 11, 12 and 13 – BYO-Device Programme
* Year 8 Middle School Students only - The 2012 Middle School Fully Provisioned Laptop Programme will enter its third (and final) year, but Year 8 students will gain Administrator Rights to their laptop, thus joining the school-wide BYO-Programme for 2014. If enrolling during 2014, new Year 8, 9 and 10 students will join the BYO-Laptop Programme.
Full details and specifications for each programme are available from Information Services, including student device recommendations, support and information for selecting your device.
Developing our students' ability to manage themselves safely and appropriately online is a key component of the digital learning programme. Digital citizenship is taught across all year levels of the school.