Football at Kristin caters for boys and girls from Kindergarten through to Year 13. We cater for all levels of ability from those new to the game right through to the elite High Performance squad. The Football season runs throughout Term 2 and 3, with trials held for players in Year 4-13 in Term 1.
09 415 9566 Ext 2875
Registrations are completed online via our sport registration forms.
Kristin United Association Football Club (Kindergarten - Year 8)
Boys and Girls in these year groups play for the Kristin United Football Club (KUAFC). The club is run by the school and affiliated to the Northern Football Federation and New Zealand Football. We operate in accordance with the NZF Whole of Football Plan and have players in the First Kicks, Fun Football, Mini Football and Youth Football programmes.
- 4-6 year-olds (born in 2012-2014) train on Monday and Friday lunchtimes (after food) at Kristin Bass Road Fields or the hockey turf (subject to weather), commencing Monday 14 May and continuing to Friday 28 August
- 7-8 year-olds (born in 2010-2011) train once a week on Tuesday lunchtimes at Kristin Bass Road Fields or the hockey turf (subject to weather), commencing Tuesday 15 May and continuing to 25 August
- 9-13 year-olds (born in 2005-2009) train twice a week at Kristin commencing in March and continuing to the end of Term 3.
- 4-6 year-olds' games are incorporated into the Monday and Friday lunchtime training sessions
- The players will play 3v3 and 4v4 House matches in 10-12 minute games
- Kristin teachers/staff and coaches will walk the children to the training venue straight after they have eaten lunch
- Players born in 2009 and 2010 play games on Saturday mornings in collaboration with Greenhithe FC and Waitakere City FC, rotating the venue weekly between the three clubs. Games commencement dates to be confirmed
- The teams are a selection of players born in the same calender year, as per Northern Football Federation regulations. Ideally we will have 6-8 players per squad (subject to final numbers registered)
- The games for this age group are 5v5 matches
- The players will play in 3 x 15 minute matches (subject to change)
- Players are expected to arrive at 7.55am for an 8am start at all venues, dates to be confirmed
- No scores or league tables are recorded
- The games with Waitakere and Greenhithe are subject to registered player numbers. If there is insufficient numbers to hold these games with Waitakere and Greenhithe, there will be replaced with in-house games based at Kristin during the week.
- 9-14 year-olds play games on Saturday mornings at various locations on the North Shore or in Waitakere. A good number of these games are played at Kristin. Games commence on Saturday 7 April and continue until mid-September.
KUAFC Trials, Saturday 10 February, Bass Road Fields
- 9th-10th Grade - Boys born 2008/2009 - 9am-10:30am
- 11th-12th Grade - Boys born 2006/2007 - 10:45am-12:15pm
- 13th Grade - Boys born 2005 - 12:30pm-2:00pm
Players born before 2008 will play in-house games during the week in Terms 2 and 3. Exact details will be confirmed.
All players born in 2011-2013 wear the Kristin PE uniform and football socks, available at the school retail shop. Players born 2005-2010 must wear their ONU shirt from 2017. These ONO shirts will be phased out from 2018. Any students without an ONO shirt must purchase a new BLK shirt from the sports office. PE shorts and football socks must be purchased from the school uniform shop. Boots and shin guards are to be worn by all players at training and games.
Fees per player cover the running costs of the sport for the season. Fees for 2018 are expected to be approximately $235 for the full winter season.
Kristin School Football (Year 9-13)
Boys and girls (Year 9-13) play in the Auckland Secondary Schools Football competitions.
Boys' teams train twice weekly after school. Training commences in March. Games are played on Saturday mornings at various venues around Auckland. A good number of these games are played at Kristin. The season runs from early May to late August.
Girls' teams train twice weekly after school. Training commences in March. Games are played on Wednesday afternoons at 4pm at locations mainly on the North Shore. A good number of these games are played at Kristin. The season runs from early May to late August.
The following trials will be held at the Bass Road Fields for students in Years 9-13:
- Boys Year 9-10 - Monday 5 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
- Boys Year 11-13 - Tuesday 6 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
- Girls Year 9-13 - Wednesday 7 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
2nd Trial (if required)
- Boys Year 9-10 - Thursday 8 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
- Boys Year 11-13 - Friday 9 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
- Girls Year 9-13 - Wednesday 14 March 3:30pm-5:15pm
All Year 9-13 players are required to wear their 2017 ONU shirt, PE shorts and socks. These ONU shirts are being phased out from 2018. Any students without a 2017 ONU shirt must purchase a new BLK shirt from the sports office. 1st XI Boys and Girls will be loaned with shirt/shorts/socks. Boots and shin guards are to be worn at all times in both training and matches. The school tracksuit is compulsory for all students in school sports teams. Students are expected to report at all sporting events in their tracksuit.
Fees per player cover the running costs of the sport for the season. Fees for 2018 are expected to be approximately $250.
High Performance and Development Programmes
We have well-established programmes in place for our elite players from Year 5-13. This is in addition to the players playing in their school teams as listed above. Our best Year 5-8 players take part in their respective Junior Development Programmes in Term 4 and these programmes act as a feeder into our High Performance Programme, which caters for the very best players in Year 9-13.
Players selected for these squads will incur additional costs above the season fees.
Important Dates 2018
We aim to keep this document as up to date as possible, however if you're looking for dates that are not listed here, or for the full competition draw, visit the ASB College Sport Website for:
|North Harbour Zone Day Year 7 Boys'||May|
|North Harbour Zone Day Year 8 Boys'||May|
|North Harbour Zone Day Year 7 Girls'||May|
|North Harbour Zone Day Year 8 Girls'||June|
|New Zealand Secondary Schools' Winter Tournament||3-7 September|
|New Zealand AIMS Tournament||9-14 September|