Coaching and Officiating
Coaching and officiating are essential components of any sport and offer a great way to give back to a team or club. For players, taking on the role of coach or umpire can help you to develop a deeper understand of the game while providing an avenue for you to immerse yourself in the sport you love.
At Kristin we support students who are interested in getting involved in this capacity, as well as our dedicated teams of parent coaches, without whom we would be unable to offer the many sporting opportunities on offer to our young athletes.
Coaching at Kristin
All Kristin coaches have the opportunity to attain a Kristin Coaching Accreditation, which is recognised and aligned with the various regional and national coaching frameworks.
The Kristin Coaching Accreditation booklet outlines the process, which enables coaches to progress through levels 1, 2 and 3, supervised and signed off by the appropriate Sport Manager on completion.
Kristin Coach education has been designed to upskill Kristin coaches using an amalgamation of recognised frameworks. It rewards coaches by benefiting and enhancing existing internal programmes and ensures appropriate accreditations are achieved from the local and national governing bodies.
While no time frame or age restriction is specified, its design and course availability will ensure a concerted, timely commitment is made to personal development from participants.
The Kristin Coaching Accreditation pathway represents the following indicators as outlined by SPARC:
- Player Centred - based on the needs of the athletes and aligned with their stages of development
- Practical - To meet the needs and capabilities of the coaches
- Integrated - the sport specific knowledge and the general principles of coaching will be applied in a practical coaching environment
- Flexible - to allow a coach to develop at their own pace and also to start where it is appropriate to their needs
- Encouraging continuous coach development by providing suggestions for further self development
- Acknowledged by and aligned with RSO, NSO, SPARC and GACU coach frameworks
For more information on the Kristin Coach Accreditation process, please contact the appropriate Head of Sport or Sport Manager.