School sport is much more than a pastime and healthy activity: it is also the context in which students can experience success and failure, realise their dreams and aspirations, and strengthen their teamwork skills and camaraderie in pursuit of their goals.
We offer over 20 different sports at Kristin. These are supported by our talented and experience team, including Head of Codes, Sport Managers, a dedicated Clubs Manager, Administration staff and Teachers-in-Charge. Alternative sports are also supported through local clubs. Our highest participation is in Basketball, Football, Hockey and Netball, and we run one of New Zealand's largest and most successful school Snowsports programmes.
Development and high performance programmes are offered across a range of codes to Middle and Senior School students. Find out more about the Kristin Sports Academy and our High Performance Programmes. All senior sport teams have access to iGolf Physiotherapy, which is located onsite at the Institute of Golf (Gate 3, 402 Albany Highway).
Director of Sport
09 415 9566 Ext 2399
Kristin Sport Values and Expectations
The sports field provides many opportunities for personal development, and sport – be it social or competitive – is widely recognised as a means of developing character. This cannot happen in isolation, however. Character must be taught – it must be taught by coaches, leaders and role models who demonstrate its value both on and off the field.
Dedication and Commitment to Sport
Every Kristin athlete is expected to demonstrate 100% commitment to their sport and display the attributes of good sportsmanship. The Kristin Way is about being the best you can be, every day.
- Commitment to Kristin Sport is a priority.
- Train accurately and with a purpose.
- Work hard in all aspects of your chosen sport.
- Be humble in victory and modest in defeat.
- Always strive to give more. Be a Leader.
- Develop your core strength; this is a priority.
- Always train and play in the correct Kristin sports uniform.
- Always thank the officials and opposition.
- Always thank the coach at the end of training and after each game.
- Never Give Up.
- Have FUN playing sport with your friends.
Coaches of Significance
The Kristin coaching team is dedicated to helping students develop character. This includes high expectations of behaviour, good sportsmanship, commitment, dedication and accountability. Our coaching programmes are centred on this principle which emphasises the process over the result: winning is a by-product of leadership, teamwork, talent, character and dedication. All coaches are expected to be Coaches of Significance.
- Coaches of Significance are role models of exemplary character.
- They lead with purpose and inspire others to be the best they can be, every day.
- They earn the trust and respect of team members and are the catalyst for uniting team members into a single, selfless team that accomplishes extraordinary and memorable feats.
- Coaches of Significance will make a profound impact on the lives of our athletes.
We like to celebrate the sporting success of our athletes and to share our students' achievements with the wider Kristin community. Results and news updates are published online and in the school newsletter on a weekly basis, and a selection of stories are showcased in the biannual Kaleidoscope magazine. We are always keen to hear about the success of Kristin students in sports events held outside of the school. Parents are welcome to email us updates. Email the Sports Office.
Current Sport Draws and Results
To view the latest sports draws and results from the following sports please click on the links below;
To watch live-streaming of the various AIMS events click here>>