My child registered their device last year and will be using the same device next year - do we need to register again?
If your child has already registered their device, and already knows their network ID number, they do not need to re-register the same device. It is recommended that any software no longer required, is removed from their device in order to free up memory.
My child's device is being replaced – do we need to register again?
If a laptop: Curriculum software will need to be removed by ICTS. As it is necessary for Kristin to be compliant with software regulations, student laptops cannot be sold on with Curriculum software still installed.
If an iPad: Students should notify ICTS to remove their old iPad from the network, and then add their new device.
How many devices can my child register?
Junior students: only 1 device can be registered – this is called their ‘Primary' device.
Year 7-10 students: a secondary device can be registered in addition to their ‘Primary' device (this can be an iPad or phone).
Year 11-13 students: student device registration is unlimited.
What happens if my child's device is broken or faulty?
Since the programme is entirely BYO, you should contact your retail store or manufacturer for details for their repair service. ICTS can assist with guidance only in these matters. Home insurance should be checked in case the device needs to be added to your contents list.
Whilst your device is being repaired off-campus, students are able to borrow an iPad Mini from the library, for a two-week period. By actively using Google Mail and Google Drive, students can access their schoolwork from the iPad Mini.
We cannot attend any of the registration dates – what should we do?
If you already have the device, you are welcome to register the device prior to the end of Term 4.
A further registration slot will be assigned during week 1, during school hours. Following that, support classes will be offered in the first few weeks of Term 1 to assist students to complete the registration process. Unfortunately parents will not be able to attend these term-time classes.
What about Facebook as well as other social media sites during school-time?
Facebook is only applicable to Senior students and is allowed for a short time before and after school. Other social media such as Twitter, spotify etc. are not allowed.
Tablet Specific Queries
Do I need to associate my Credit Card with my child's Apple ID?
No you do not need to associate your credit card with your child's Apple ID. Please review Apple's information on Apple Families.
Can I oversee the maintenance of my child's App installations?
By using Apple Families, you will be notified as and when an App is being installed onto your child's device.
Laptop Specific Queries
What happens if my child's device displays signs of having a virus?
Anti-virus software is compulsory. A trial version is not acceptable. We have a promotional discount for EsetNod32. But alternative Anti-virus software can be used.
If your child's laptop is showing signs of malware or a virus, they should visit ICTS immediately for assistance. Anti-virus software is usually an annual subscription and should be re-newed.
Middle School Bouquets
- Nick Wallace for showing initiative when he had no internet access, but still managed to complete his homework using alternative means
- Angela Pei and Campbell Deng for their marvellous performance of the Jive in the Middle School Sport and Cultural Prize-giving Assembly
- Hannah Marinus and Toby Robinson for being great MCs at the Dean's Assembly last week
- Kylie Holgate, Leo Manning, Dylan Boocock, Lachlan Wallace, Azaria Eddy, Campbell Reelick and Toby Hall for doing an amazing job of learning their lines for the Spanish play and making their teacher proud
- Hannah Marinus for learning your lines and doing very well in the Spanish play rehearsal. Te felicito!
- Cece Jenkins and Mitchell Tucker for being great MCs at Dean's Assembly
- Lily McCarthy for her excellent presentation at Dean's Assembly
- Aiden van der Nist for his excellent report on the Australian trip
- Eileen Qiu for her excellent video on the Australian trip
- Sarah Boland, Katarina Mueller and Kali Raj for their excellent dance performance in Dean's Assembly
- Noah Tetro, Jamie Richardson, George Rush, Ted Rivett, Theo Eliot for their entertaining video in Dean's Assembly
- Sam Hodson, Caitlin Tobin-Vile, Mitchell Tucker, Cecilia Jenkins, Toby Robinson, Hannah Marinus, Logan Fleming, Amie Chang, Luke Bachmann, Caitlin McPheat, Nicholas Sparg and Kylie Holgate for the excellent work they are doing in preparation for the Year 8 COY
- Henjun Lam, Natalie Rayner, Kate Stables, Aiden van der Nist, Ivy Yu, Vito Zou, Liam Power and Olivia Hockey for their excellent performance in the play 'Hola mis Amigos' in Spanish
- Albie Thomas and Jai Patel for outstanding assistance with their Year 9 PE class, where they organised the class and assisted the Reliever
- Georgia Austin, Holly Barry, Jessica Scott and Annie Zhou for their well-researched project on Day of the Dead and Halloween, with good Spanish and a nice PowerPoint presentation
- Annie Peng for her wonderful piano performance for the recessional in the Middle School Sport and Cultural Prize-giving Assembly
- Kelly Xu, Nancy He, Emily Huang, Annie Peng, Sophia Fang, Gina Kim, Apisara Chamnong, Molly Lewis, Wilson Nye-Hingston, Riley Smith and William Lee for their excellent work ethic and quality throughout the songwriting unit
- Daehyung Yoo for his excellent static image
- Havana Pick for her excellent static image
- Ella O'Malley for her excellent static image
- Olivia Reed for her excellent static image
- Jeffrey Zheng for his continued positive approach to English
- Abigail Mitchell for showing her love of learning by submitting a static image assessment, even when she was exempt due to Odyssey
- Hannah Robinson for her helpful manner in Maths